Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scagel Style Folder in Black Textured G-10

Scagel Style folder in black textured G10 which I bought a few years back from Halpern. This stuff is just .060 thickness and I had used it for overlay or overscales as I called them to bolt them to the handle to give some texture in spots. Here I used it for the entire scale overlaid on .050 thick 6AL-4V titanium liners. Blade and back spring are ATS34 steel, folder has brass pins, and is 1.4 ounces so I called it pretty good before weighing it. This little guy has great walk and talk, is flush on the open and the close positions and is about a 5 on the pull scale to open the blade. No half stop on this model. I decided I didn't want that after giving it some thought so this blade was made without that feature. I love this pattern though and feel these are just classic little folders to be cherished for generations to come. Still have to put the edge on this one as it does not even have a bevel yet shown here but that will be coming right up.

Thanks for looking
STR

No comments: